June 18, 2012

Garrett Spoiled Me

This year Garrett celebrated my birthday by taking me out for Sushi at the best sushi place I've ever been to ("Zushi" in Wasilla, to be precise) with some good friends.
Then--either out of love or out of a desire to see his wife more properly clothed--Garrett took me shopping (and he hates shopping even more than I do!).  I've been wearing the same second-hand running shoes for 3 years now (they no longer have any tread!), and I got rid of the majority of my clothes when we moved up from Minnesota, so according to Garrett, this shopping trip was needed.  
He started pulling out all sorts of running shoes for me to try on, then began rummaging through shirts and skirts and sandals, and had a whole collection of things for me to take to the dressing room.
In the end, I ended up with several pair of shoes (including an awesome pair of trail running shoes), a church outfit, several shirts, and then he surprised me with a really nice, warm jacket he had bought for me a few weeks ago as well as a sweet card that our whole Alaskan Christensen family had made for me.  So sweet!  




We actually had a lot of fun shopping (go figure!), and I felt utterly spoiled.  
Is it just me or do birthdays keep getting better every year!? 

1 comment:

Violet Rose said...

Sorry I'm late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Holly June!! What a great husband. It really does "boost" us up when we can put on something "new"! I'm glad you had such a great birthday. Oh, and those shoes...awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...